ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Part-Time Guest Experience Staff at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking unique staff join our Events team. The Guest Experience Staff under general supervision, perform various duties in connection with scheduled events. Duties will vary between facility and events. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Work Guest Experience booth during events assisting guests with directions, event information, item checks, and ticket relocation.
- Assist and bring resolution to guest issues and complaints, with empathy and a focus on satisfaction. Use supervisor support when necessary.
- Provide guest and event information outside in information chairs.
- Provide special accommodations for wheelchairs and other physically handicapped patrons, senior citizens, students and groups.
- Assist with hospitality services as needed.
- Serve as tour guide providing information and assisting visitors and patrons.
- Serve as a tram guide, giving information to guests as they ride NRG Park trams in the parking lots.
- During day-to-day operations, serve as an ambassador of NRG Park, assisting guests, contractors and staff.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not Applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED and one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate and be proficient utilizing standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must be able to assist and transport mobility impaired guests safely in a wheelchair to and from assigned location during events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
How To Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resourced Department (832)667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.