ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Intern at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Intern to join our Marketing & Public Relations team that will act as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirement are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to. An Intern is expected to work a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week. The time period of the Internship can be adjusted to meet the requirements of the degree plan of the student, and/or with the approval of the General Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Update internal and external marketing assets with the most accurate information (i.e. NRG Park website, static marquee board, social media platforms).
- Assist in print and broadcast trade for various events.
- Assist in drafting media alerts, press releases, articles and reports.
- Attend various meetings pertaining to the department and upcoming events on property.
- Update media contact database.
- Assist in producing and distributing email campaigns.
- Attend various events to assist staff in execution of marketing, media, or social media operations.
- Assist the team in graphic design elements.
- Oversee and monitor social media content on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Research marketing as is relevant to NRG Park’s marketing and public relations efforts.
- Shadow various people within the company to learn all aspects of the company including but not limited to: graphics, billing, content development, sports marketing and sponsorships.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge in industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures, event coordination and event-related services.
- Demonstrate the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budgeting and other administrative duties.
- Handle conflict, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Possess knowledge of the principles of facility management, building operations, maintenance, practices and safety requirements.
- Coordinate and satisfy the requirements of multiple events occurring simultaneously.
- Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Pleasant and helpful telephone demeanor when assisting guests, exhibitors, clients and staff.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Enrollment in or graduated from a two or four year program at an accredited college or university with a focus in Communications (i.e. Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or Advertising).
- Previous Public Relations experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to reach deadlines and work quickly and efficiently.
- Experience in Word, Excel, and be Internet savvy.
- Knowledge of HTML, graphic design, and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.