ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Operations Foreman at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Operations Foreman to join our Operations team. Under general supervision, the Operations Foreman acts as a shift supervisor overseeing the event crew, part-time staff, and subcontract labor that clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks and are often heavy in nature requiring a high degree of physical exertion. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Oversee and participate in all aspects of the conversion process for events. Duties may include setting-up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, operable walls, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
- Oversee personnel and perform various duties to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include but are not limited to loading/unloading delivery trucks and transporting trash to proper disposal areas.
- Direct and assist staff with pre/post event cleaning of operational equipment, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot cleaning and washing.
- Train new hires, part-time employees or subcontracted services in the proper use of equipment, policies of the facility and life/emergency procedures.
- Inspect the completion of all assigned tasks to guarantee all specifications are met.
- Perform minor repairs of all associated equipment with the use of hand and power tools.
- Participate in the execution of life safety and emergency programs as needed for the safe execution of events at the facility and to promote a safe working environment for all employees.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to supervisor.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of facility's event equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility equipment; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches, event documents and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operation.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- High School diploma or G.E.D required.
- Two (2) years full-time experience at a facility or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Operate a personal computer using Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel and other standard office equipment.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must be able to stretch and reach.