ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Maintenance MEP Plumber at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Plumber to join our Engineering team. The Plumber is under general supervision, performs work as needed to maintain and repair facility plumbing operating systems. Duties include semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting, a high degree of physical exertion and walking or standing for long periods of time. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Mechanical and Plumbing Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate, monitor, repair and maintain the facility’s plumbing systems as required for the safe and efficient operation of the facility, but not limited to: Domestic Water Systems and other plumbing equipment.
- Assist and perform preventive maintenance on equipment located in multiple buildings at facility.
- Assist and perform preventive maintenance, repair, inspection, and rebuild as necessary to maintain quality standards on equipment at facility.
- Perform work in a manner consistent with plant safety, housekeeping standards and quality checks.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand the methods, principles, and practices required for the operation and maintenance of all plumbing systems.
- Properly use all equipment needed to perform required duties.
- Be a skilled craftsman in the plumbing field.
- Provide plumbing and troubleshooting skills.
- Know general techniques in plumbing, ability to install and repair pipes, fitting, valves, fixtures and plumbing systems equipment, including sinks, commodes, urinals, water heaters, circulating pumps, etc.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, schematics and other related materials.
- Maintain inventory of company owned tools and equipment.
- Effectively operate, maintain and repair plumbing equipment.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Follow and adhere to all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and receive and complete work orders.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED and five (5) years full-time related experience in a large facility and/or a public assembly industry (Stadiums, Arenas, and/or or Convention Centers).
- Texas Journeymen Plumber License. *Preferred*
- Technical training required in plumbing environment.
- Knowledge of plumbing repairs, maintenance and installation techniques.
- Knowledge of plumbing codes.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, schematics and written reference material.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to diagnose ad resolve plumbing problem.
- Ability to operate drain piping cleaning machines and sanitary line cameras.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other standard office equipment.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Must to able to stretch and reach.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1806.