ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Intern at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a creative Event Services Intern to work alongside our team! This internship opportunity will provide hands-on experience in event operations, customer service, and venue management. You will work closely with the Event Services team to learn and ensure the successful planning and execution of a wide range of events hosted at NRG Park. The Event Services Intern is expected to work a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Assist the Event Services team in coordinating and executing events held at NRG Park.
- Collaborate with event organizers, vendors, and internal departments to ensure seamless event operations.
- Support the planning and execution of event logistics, including setup, breakdown, and coordination of event resources.
- Provide excellent customer service to event organizers, clients, and attendees, addressing inquiries and resolving issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist with pre-event and post-event activities, such as event scheduling, contracts, permits, and event documentation.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of event-related materials, such as event guides, floor plans, and technical specifications.
- Assist in conducting site visits and inspections to ensure venue readiness and compliance with safety regulations.
- Research and update daily calendar reports. Assist in the drafting, proofreading, and processing of these reports and related documents.
- Support the implementation of event policies and procedures to ensure the smooth functioning of events.
- Stay informed about industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies relevant to event services.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Event Services team.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Maintain and handle confidential information.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently pursuing or have recently graduated with a degree in Event Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Familiarity with event planning concepts, industry practices, and customer service principles is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and the capacity to work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other relevant software applications.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required by event schedules.
- Ability to lift and carry event-related equipment and materials, as necessary.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, FileMaker Pro, PowerPoint and other standard office equipment Experience in Microsoft Office, Windows 7, 10, and Mac OS.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
How To Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.