ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Maintenance Lead at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Maintenance Lead to join our Maintenance team. The Maintenance Lead, under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, will assist in directing and coordinating the daily activities of the specialty maintenance personnel at the facility. They will also, acts as liaison in the absence of the Maintenance Manager to ensure that Vehicle/Golf Cart Fleets, Carpentry, Painting trades, Grease Traps, Ansul Fire Systems, Building Roof Inspections, repairs, and Stadium Mechanical Roof Control Operation needs are coordinated and addressed. This role also coordinates ongoing building maintenance between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Responsibilities may include personnel management, to include staffing needs, interviewing, selection, training, and development, and evaluating the performance of direct reports; meeting with staff regularly; encouraging input and feedback from staff; providing feedback/coaching as required; providing positive means for employee concerns to be escalated; ensuring delegates attend meetings on supervisor’s behalf as needed.
- Responsible for tracking time and attendance for direct staff; targeting and addressing performance or quality of work concerns per employee as they occur; and escalating performance concerns to Manager and/or Director as required.
- Assist with onboarding of direct staff; provide regular feedback to ensure improved performance as well as familiarity with policies and procedures, including company and federal safety regulations.
- Develop work plans and conduct frequent inspections and audits of all assigned work areas to ensure that work is carried out in a proper, effective, safe, and orderly manner.
- Assist with the management of maintenance staff to include scheduling, coordinating, and following up on preventative maintenance, general repairs, and daily operations of assigned tasks for each facility.
- Ensure customer needs and expectations are being met or addressed. Communicate status of work orders as needed to all appropriate parties at NRG Park.
- Supervise and provide technical skill leadership in planning, organizing, and developing the implementation and maintenance of all assigned areas including, but not limited to the plumbing infrastructure of each facility to provide continuous operation of laboratory plumbing items and light fixtures as well as other general maintenance items as required for normal daily operation.
- Ensure staff’s ability to safely perform and operate all related machinery, equipment, and tools.
- Manage and evaluate all aspects of assigned areas using planning, monitoring, and controlling processes. Maintain good working relationships with project contractors.
- Works in conjunction with contractors to coordinate with events and adjacent facilities at NRG Park.
- Serve as Project manager as assigned and assist in necessary communication to everyone effected and involved in the project.
- Assist in gathering bid sheets, planning, and scheduling projects required by outside contractors, as needed.
- Facilitate in other areas of facility operations on an as needed basis.
- Assist the Manager and/or Director in development and facilitation of annual departmental operational budget, recommend an annual capital budget for long-range repairs and improvements to the facility.
- Develop and submit lists of necessary repairs and improvements.
- Oversee and supervise all work order and preventative maintenance distribution assignments to ensure an effective Preventive Maintenance Program is being carried out for all areas of his/her responsibility.
- Provide input to Manager and/or Director regarding unplanned breakdowns and their prevention; provide input to determine and eliminate root cause of problems or concerns; make design, maintenance, and operational problems visible, and escalate as required.
- Provide input on departmental procedures as needed, such as Weather Preparedness (e.g., Freeze Protection, Heavy Rain, High Wind, and Hurricane and Stadium Roof lock-down Preparation), inventory control, etc.
- Assist in additions and improvements for NRG Park
- Understand and ensure that all fire, emergency, lighting, and other control systems are in proper working condition, as well as schedule the necessary required inspections.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have proven leadership abilities and previous experience in a management role.
- Must be able to build consensus and work effectively within the department and across departments.
- Must lead by example ASM GLOBAL safety standards.
- Effective problem-solving skills and teambuilding skills required.
- Effective coaching and performance management skills required.
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, and event-related services.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Know general techniques in painting, plumbing, carpentry, and building hardware maintenance and electrical/lighting systems.
- Shop math applicable to the building trades.
- Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Interpret shop drawings, sketches, and work orders.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches, and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all policies and procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations, and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive, and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Must be available for on-call, after hours and weekend support for scheduled events.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operation.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or 4 years of comparable experience plus required related experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- (4) years related experience and/or training in the public assembly industry in a supervisory or management position, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Forklift experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate a personal computer using CAD, Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel, and other standard office equipment.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving, and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must be able to stretch and reach.
- Climbing ladders and working from heights as necessary.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
How To Apply
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.