ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Scheduling Clerk at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Scheduling Clerk to join our team. The Scheduling Clerk will answer the Parking Scheduling phone line, interact with staff, and assign work assignments based on event projections. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Schedule hourly staff on behalf of the Parking, Safety & Security department.
- Review staffing projections and event overview documents to ensure consistency.
- Track attendance and overtime, arrange staff replacements as needed. Provide reports as requested to Department Managers and Director.
- Assist in the scheduling and coordination of training programs.
- Assist in the scheduling of the NPO (Non-Profit Organization) program as needed.
- Assist employees with confirming and producing schedules utilizing ABI.
- Communicate with Coordinators and Department Managers any scheduling discrepancies.
- Maintain a variety of private, confidential and/or sensitive files and records of information such as payroll, attendance, and expense records.
- Must comply with all ASM Global policies and procedures including the Business Conduct Policy and Code of Ethics.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively
- Must be customer friendly, self-motivated, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work extended and/or irregular hours that may vary due to functions, including day, evening, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidates with personnel staffing and customer service experience are preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Exercise judgment and prioritizing in making independent decisions within scope of responsibilities.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with staff scheduling software a plus.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
How To Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.