ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Command Center Operator at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Command Center Operator to join our Security team. Under general supervision, the Command Center Operator is responsible for monitoring the security surveillance system on the facility and surrounding grounds; monitoring all access control systems and the dispatching of response personnel. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Monitor all surveillance, access control equipment and fire panels contained by the facility.
- Prioritize situations and investigate/dispatch on all safety and security-related incidents. Follow-up all incidents with written reports and recommendations.
- Answer emergency, non-emergency and administrative phone lines and provide an appropriate response as required by the nature of the call. Respond to emergencies and handle call-outs
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all entities who maintain business offices on property.
- Highly detail oriented. Maintain records and compile reports for management on an as needed basis.
- Complete daily duties such as audits, activity reports and key-controls
- Create and manage NRG Park credentials such as proximity badges, meeting room access cards and parking passes.
- Utilize software such as camera analytics and weather monitoring programs to assist with incident and emergency response
- Work irregular schedule to insure proper supervision of all events and activities scheduled in the facility, as required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not Applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
- Work independently, exercising good judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Maintains the highest standards of security ethics and competently handle confidential information.
Education and/or Experience
- At least two (2) years of security, call-center, emergency response or related experience and/or training required.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to articulate information clearly and concisely.
- Effective written and verbal skills required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Multi-task work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint, CCTV/Video Management, photo and ID software and other Security Systems as required.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Possess any appropriate licenses as required by the state.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1806.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.