SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Parking Manager at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Parking Manager person to join our Parking team. The Parking Manager under direct supervision of the Director of Operations, is responsible for thorough supervision, and coordination of direct personnel, subcontractors and vendors. Responsible for the daily oversight of Parking’s outside operations, cashier vault and event signs by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
- Oversee all aspects of parking and traffic operations, including event coordination, parking lot set up/tear down, traffic control, filing permits for road closures, programming vehicle and pedestrian directional signage and permits for placement.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws.These responsibilities include managing subordinate supervisors who oversee employees in various functions, interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Staffing, which will include Parkers, Lead Parkers, Parking Supervisors, Cashiers, Cashier Supervisors and Office Supervisors
- Implement and train all employees on the parking procedures, preventive maintenance schedules, emergency plans, and safety/risk management policies that conform to NRG Park standards.
- Manage the preparation and negotiation of service agreements for parking services, maintenance, and other service agreements as needed.Review contracts for compliance with event and/or government specifications and NRG Park requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget and recommend an annual capital budget for long-range repairs and improvements to the parking lots.Authorize the requisition of equipment and supplies within budget guidelines.
- Manage labor projections for Cashiers, Parking staff and Police to optimize proper traffic control and minimize labor expenses on all events within the projection guidelines.
- Responsible for daily audits and surveillance of parking gates.
- Responsible for maintaining all equipment.
- Handles ordering and maintaining all additional equipment needed for events.
- Maintains correspondence with all clients, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Works directly with all Event Managers to ensure all requests are handled effectively.
- Attend all meetings as required.
- Stay current with new technology and methods to improve Parking Operations.
- Oversee cash handling operations to include monetary reconciliation, audit controls, roll-stock inventory.
Position requires ability to:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, E-mail, Internet, CAD/Drawing, Parking Systems software and sign/graphic programs.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, patrons, employees, exhibitors, contractors, vendors and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Accept accountability for own decisions, performance and behavior.
- Maintain a client service oriented attitude.
- Maintain strong organization skills.
- Position is routinely required to work outdoors and is exposed to the elements (heat, rain, etc.)
- Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines.Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.