SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Operations Foreman at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Operations Foreman person to join our Operations team. The Operations Foreman, under general supervision, acts as a shift supervisor overseeing the event crew, part-time staff and subcontract labor that clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks and are often heavy in nature requiring a high degree of physical exertion. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
- Oversee and participate in all aspects of the conversion process for events. Duties may include setting-up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, operable walls, barricades, staging, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
- Oversee personnel and perform various duties to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include but are not limited to loading/unloading delivery trucks and transporting trash to proper disposal areas.
- Direct and assist staff with pre/post event cleaning of operational equipment, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot leaning and washing.
- Train new hires, part-time employees or subcontracted services in the proper use of equipment, policies of the facility and life/emergency procedures.
- Inspect the completion of all assigned tasks to guarantee all specifications are met.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, relamping, replacing ceiling tile and replacing filters.
- Participate in the execution of life safety and emergency programs as needed for the safe execution of events at the facility and to promote a safe working environment for all employees.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to supervisor.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Position requires ability to:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility. Must possess a thorough understanding of facility’s electrical, mechanical, and other systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility equipment; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches, event documents and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Operate a personal computer using MS-DOS, Windows, Word, Excel or Lotus 1-2-3, and other standard office equipment.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operation.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day
- Must to able to stretch and reach
- Perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or G.E.D. Two (2) years full-time experience at a facility; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.