ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Warehouse and Procurement Supervisor at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Warehouse Supervisor to join our Maintenance and Operations team. Under the direction of the Director of Maintenance and Engineering, the Warehouse and Procurement Supervisor directs, coordinates, and communicates purchasing activities with other department personnel to ensure the best product, service, and price. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Manage and maintain Maintenance and Operations Warehouse adhering to all safety regulations.
- Assist with the organizing of all equipment needed for events and prepare equipment for distribution and transport.
- Inspect all equipment upon return to the warehouse and report any damages.
- Propose, implement, and maintain proper methods of storing equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Manage all Maintenance and Operations inventory of tools and material in all building storage areas.
- Must use bids for current pricing, quality, and quantities to maintain low item cost.
- Maintain par levels of staple inventory and order necessary items according to need during events.
- Review sales orders for item and ordering information.
- Prepare purchase orders and get approval for all incoming items.
- Ensure all purchases from invoices are inputted to material maintenance software, ensure that invoices are sent to accounting department.
- Maintain constant communication with department staff to help address any supply and/or material needs.
- Inform respective directors as to changes in market conditions, prices, products in season, etc.
- Assist with Stadium loading dock organization, incoming deliveries and cleanliness of receiving dock
- Oversee the operational and report maintenance needed on loading dock equipment, such as roll doors, levelers, etc.
- Work with Purchasing Manager on incoming deliveries and special projects
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policy practices and applicable laws. Responsible for ensuring that all staff producing purchase orders are following the correct procedures.
- Establish and enforce company and industry safety standards.
- Create work order requests as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from department staff.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and/or schedule form.
- Communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university, or minimum 5 to 7 years previous experience working in a warehouse or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience operating power tools and other equipment, such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, access lifts, or other light power-driven equipment preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Operate a personal computer using Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel, and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to understand and operate the property’s work order system to submit and complete work orders.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving, and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must be able to stretch and reach.
- Climbing ladders and working from heights as necessary.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resourced Department (832)667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.