ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Suite Maintenance Specialist at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Suite Maintenance Specialist person to join our Specialty Maintenance team. Under general supervision, the Suite Maintenance Specialist, performs all necessary suite repair work as needed to maintain all suites at the facility before and during event times. Duties include skilled tasks, which often require preventive and corrective maintenance, lifting and a high degree of physical exertion. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and suite clients, ensuring all clients’ suite requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, re-lamping, replacing ceiling tiles, door hardware repair, and correcting plumbing problems, as required.
- Prepares a variety of surfaces (e.g., cleaning, sanding, patching, masking, nail holes, cracks, joints, etc.) to insure they are ready for painting and/or refinishing prior to completion.
- Operates, cleans and maintains all painting equipment, including brush, roll, sprayers and electrostatic sprayers, pumps, etc.
- Interpret, explain and apply building codes, rules and regulations involved in assigned maintenance activities.
- Perform proper methods of labeling, storing equipment, materials, and supplies in a safe manner.
- Record and log all work performed, complete assigned work orders and compile all required reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed.
- Operate equipment, such as, light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, access lifts, or other light power driven equipment.
- May occasionally have to enter areas where fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals are present. Work at heights using correct safety equipment.
- Develop and submit lists of necessary repairs and improvements using the electronic work order system.
- Work with the Maintenance Program Manager on all work orders associated to the premium suites.
- Conduct meetings with clients on projects related to the premium seating areas.
- Responsible for approximately 197 suites.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not Applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in repair and preventive maintenance.
- Knowledge of electrical (light bulb and fixture installation), plumbing (faucet replacement and installation).
- Ensures Suites have been properly caulked and sealed as needed, countertops, sink areas, and toilets.
- Completes all needed repairs and improvements to suites prior to event move-in and completing pre-event checklist.
- Ability to fix electrical and light plumbing.
- Company tools provided.
- Know advanced techniques in carpentry. Able to cut and repair wood for suite cabinetry and other necessary repairs when needed.
- Carve and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves, and other items, and install them where designated.
- Cut, shape, smooth, fabricate, and/or install wood and other material according to measurements.
- General construction and tool knowledge for light framing, finish carpentry, sheetrock, and tape, floating and painting.
- Responsible for maintaining a tidy, clean, and well-organized space in the warehouse
- Responsible to create a final punch list and performing work so that a suite tenant will not complain upon event.
- Inspects all sheetrock for damage, and repairs and/or replaces as they are discovered even if not part of the punch list.
- Performs touch-up paints for all Suites before all events as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the common areas, and amenities by picking up trash and debris, performing general cleaning and painting as needed.
- Ability to be a solution finder on his/her own.
- Good hand/eye coordination and handy skills.
- Ability to communicate with tenants professionally
- Good time management skills
- Replace burnt out light bulbs
- Replace faucets, sinks, drains, toilets, include minor plumbing repairs
- Caulk and grout, as needed
- Test for current, replace receptacles and GFCI’s
- Replace light fixtures, outlets and perform other minor electrical work
- Repair/install strikers, latches, hinges, doorknobs, locksets
- Replace baseboards, door casings and moldings
- Install/repair cabinet doors, hinges, and fixtures
- Clean dust and debris include replacing thermostat
- Patch holes touch up and paint suite walls as needed.
- Consistently maintains a safe and clean work environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Knowledge of painting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, Sheetrock, and appliance installation
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts, when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- Completes suite checklist prior to events and all other required work order maintenance documentation in a timely manner.
- Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operation.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- 5 to 7 years maintenance/construction background experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills and Abilities
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to utilize electronic work order system.
- Operate a personal computer using Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel, and other standard office equipment.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must to able to stretch and reach.
- Climbing ladders and working from heights as necessary.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.