ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for Security Supervisor at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. Under general supervision, oversees and supervises all security efforts as they relate to the facility and surrounding grounds. Also coordinates and supervises specific event-related security on an as needed basis. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Plan, organize and direct various personnel and activities necessary to establish a safe and efficient environment. Includes oversight of “day to day” Contract Security operations and working in conjunction with event security operations.
- Develop and coordinate training programs for ASM Global regular and part-time employees to increase awareness of safety issues, policies, and procedures.
- Schedule security staff and building monitors for day-to-day operations and special events. Continue to adjust and update work schedules to reflect cost efficiency and building activity.
- Assist with security-budget preparation and track budget allocation throughout the year.
- Investigate all security-related incidents. Follow-up all incidents with written reports and recommendations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other ASM GLOBAL departments, police, fire, EMS, and other security personnel and/or safety organizations.
- Prepare payroll, maintain records and compile reports for management on a periodic basis.
- Handle complaints, disturbances or related problems with the public, staff or clients.
- Responsible for investigating, reporting and providing follow-up on incidents including damage or injury to the facility or individuals.
- Give breaks to Command Center Operators and cover security posts as schedule allows.
- Gain control over unusual circumstances caused by fire, storms, riots and other emergencies.
- Assist with creating incident action plans, risk, threat, and vulnerability assessments.
- Maintain and train security staff in all Standard Operating Procedures as well as Emergency Response Procedures.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles and techniques of planning, implementing and supervising a facility security force. Possess knowledge of security issues related to a major sports and entertainment venue.
- Handle and resolve conflicts, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Maintain and handle confidential information.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and two (2) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate a personal computer using Mac, Windows, Word, Excel, CCTV, Security Hardware and Software Systems, and other standard office equipment.
- Remain certified in CPR and other emergency/lifesaving techniques, as offered by NRG Park training.
- Certification in NIMS 100/200, 300/400, & 700/800
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Possess any appropriate licenses as required by the state.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1803.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.