ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Audio Visual Technician at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Audio Visual Technician to join our Technical Services team. The Audio Visual Techs will work scheduled events in NRG Stadium, NRG Center and NRG Arena. May also be scheduled for non-event, audio visual related work. Acts as liaison between facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Technical Services Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with the Campus CATV system, turning on TV’s and setting to required channels, checking for TV image quality and positioning. May also be required to set out and connect portable TVs.
- Check audio levels in areas that you have been assigned to and make local adjustments or call the House Audio Booth for remote adjustments.
- Work with wireless microphone systems and perform microphone level tests.
- Work with the Frequency Coordinator on obtaining and keeping clean microphone frequencies throughout an event.
- Operate an audio mix board as required.
- Perform tests and diagnostics for the Mitsubishi videoboards.
- Work with Senior AV Tech or Mitsubishi supplied Tech to repair Mitsubishi videoboards if required.
- Replace Mitsubishi lighting units, control cards and power supplies as necessary.
- Operate house light system per procedure based on event or location, communicating with Event Manager and Lighting Director for light cues.
- Be familiar with lighting operating and safety procedures per building.
- Monitor your assigned area throughout an event, monitoring for and adjusting any audiovisual issues.
- Assist other AV Techs as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous knowledge of Mitsubishi Videoboard hardware.
- Previous knowledge of frequency agile wireless microphone systems.
- Previous experience performing audio mixing in a stadium or arena environment.
- Knowledge of audio DSP and routing.
- Ability to read audio signal flow diagrams.
- Ability to setup and operate various components of an audio system, speakers, microphones, amplifiers, DSP/Routing, etc.
- Ability to operate components of a CATV system, televisions, modulators, etc.
- Ability to use an AV control system, such as AMX or Crestron.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability and interest in learning new technology related skills.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous audio visual work in a Stadium or Arena environment required.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Positive customer orientated attitude and professional image.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Operate CCTV and Security Systems.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Ability to remain flexible due to the hours worked in this position, which will vary due to the demands of event scheduling and related activities to include nights, weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1806.