ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has excellent and immediate openings for Part-time Exhibitor Services Staff at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking unique Part-Time Exhibitor Services Staff to join our Events team. The Part-Time Exhibitor Services Staff, under general supervision, performs various duties in connection with scheduled events. Duties will vary between facility and events. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to./vc_column_text]
Position Reports To:
Exhibitor Services Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work the Exhibitor Services Desk by processing orders and payments through the online ordering system (Boomer software).
- Processing Exhibitor Services orders, electrical orders, parking pass orders, telecommunication orders that exhibitors purchase for trade shows, consumer shows and events.
- Prepare and submit daily deposits as revenue is received.
- Administrative duties such as data entry, printing, scanning, copying and faxing.
- Assist the Exhibitor Services department with projects as needed.
- During day-to-day operations, serve as an ambassador of NRG Park, assisting guests, exhibitors, clients, contractors and staff.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Minor accounting and excellent cash handling skills.
- Walk/Stand on concrete floors and/or climbing stairs for extended periods of time.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED and one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS-DOS, Boomer (Exhibitor Online Ordering System), Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1806.