ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-Time Ticket Seller at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Part-Time Ticket Seller person to join our Box Office team. The Ticket Seller under direct supervision, processes single ticket sales, exchanges and tax credits at the facility’s box office. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to./vc_column_text]
Position Reports To:
Box Office Coordinator
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process single ticket sales at the box office and assist with group sales when requested.
- Answer questions concerning admission fees, fares, schedules, reservations, coming attractions and ticket policies.
- Exchange tickets and process tax credits for box office patrons.
- Balance all applicable transactions for the date of service and complete all necessary reports before departure.
- Open cash and all monies, checks, vouchers, coupons, or credit cards received during daily sales.
- Keep daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold in the form of a sales report.
- Maintain a daily audit of all ticketed events.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Calculate mathematical computations and handle financial transactions rapidly and accurately in a fast paced environment.
- Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Maintain a client service oriented attitude.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays. Day time availability preferred.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate computerized ticketing system and standard office equipment.
- Cash handling experience is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1806.