SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Operations Coordinator at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Operations Coordinator to join our Operations team. The Operations Coordinator, under general supervision, coordinates, supervises, and directs personnel, subcontractors, and the daily activities involved in the successful execution of events and maintenance of the facility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with all aspects of operations including event coordination, equipment maintenance, event staffing, setups and changeovers, event services, fire and life safety and customer service.
- Supervise operations staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Train staff on all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures.
- Prepare work schedules, set staffing responsibilities and review quantity and quality of work performed.
- Schedule full/part-time employees and subcontracted service providers (stagehands, Temp labor, etc.) according to event demands.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve operational problems and complaints.
- Act as a liaison with tenants, contractors, and facility users as needed.
- Maintain equipment and inventory. Order all necessary supplies and materials.
- Coordinate needed equipment with the Operations Department or outside service contractors as needed.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage or loss of property or any other safety concerns to supervisor.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility. Must possess a thorough understanding of facility’s layout, and operational equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility equipment; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Have experience with the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budget preparation and purchasing.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, sketches, event documents and preventive maintenance schedules.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operation.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Position may be required to work outdoors and is exposed to the elements (heat, rain, etc.)
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Three (3) years related experience and/or training in the public assembly facility industry in a supervisory or management position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate a personal computer using Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel and other standard office equipment.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Meet the physical demands of the job and perform strenuous physical duties for extended periods, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must to able to stretch and reach.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.