SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Exhibitor Services Assistant at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Exhibitor Services Assistant join our team. The Exhibitor Services Assistant, under general supervision, provides a variety of administrative and operational support to designated personnel and/or departments. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Exhibitor Services Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent customer service when assisting exhibitors, guests and internal staff at all times.
- Review all correspondence to remain informed of all activities and pertinent information.
- Process exhibitor orders through the online ordering system (Boomer) for events.
- Maintain a variety of records and/or files such as daily deposits, expense records, and exhibitor services event reports.
- Work exhibitor services desk in the NRG Center and the NRG Arena as facilitated by event management.
- Assist Part-Time staff with exhibitor services desks.
- Coordinate all exhibitor services part-time service desk staffing.
- Prepare exhibitor services desk materials for conventions and trade shows.
- Requires excellent cash handling skills.
- Maintain and order all necessary supplies and materials for exhibitor services department.
- Order exhibitor services part-time staff uniforms and performs audits of inventory.
- Responsible for preparing parking pass request received for events and document in Boomer.
- Create parking memos or parking credential boards for event staff.
- Promptly mail necessary client materials.
- Maintain and perform quarterly audits of parking pass inventory.
- Perform and/or assist Finance department with electrical collections for conventions or trade shows.
- Receive and screen telephone calls.
- Assist Event Services with administrative duties.
- Support Guest Services staff with tours, lost and found, or events.
- Assist Event Management team with event responsibilities.
- Perform Command Post Duties for events.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess knowledge of the principles of facility management, building operations, maintenance practices and safety requirements.
- Coordinate and satisfy the requirements of multiple events occurring simultaneously.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Polite and helpful demeanor when assisting patrons, exhibitors, clients, subcontractors and staff.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Knowledgeable in online ordering and online ordering systems preferred.
- Familiar with convention center and trade show industry preferable.
Education and/or Experience
- Four (4) years of college level business training or a minimum of four (4) years of experience in a clerical, administrative position or experience in working events; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of exceptional customer service and exhibitor services practices required.
- Previous administrative and event experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Strong computer skills required. Work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills highly recommended.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Office, Excel, MS Word PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.