SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for Part-Time Operations Staff at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking unique Part-Time Operations Staff to join our Operations team. The Operations Staff under general supervision performs work as needed to clean, maintain, setup/teardown equipment and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion. Also, ensures all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events. Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, operable walls, stage barricades, staging, bike rack, turnstiles, tables, other furnishings and equipment.
- Perform various duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include but are not limited to loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal areas.
- Assist with pre/post event cleaning of operational equipment, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, spot leaning and washing.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks on equipment such as tables, chairs, staging, stage barricades, stage stairs, bike rack and retractable seating.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage of equipment and property, loss of property and equipment and safety concerns promptly to supervisor, manager and director.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not Applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions, typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the equipment and proper use and care of hand power tools.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operation.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form. Perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED and one to three months related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Not Applicable.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States is preferred.
- Ability to operate a sit-down Forklift preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must to able to stretch and reach.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.