SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-Time Parking Vault Supervisor at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Part-Time Parking Vault Supervisor to join our Parking team. The Parking Vault Supervisor under direct supervision of the Cashier Coordinators, Parking Manager and the Director of Parking, Safety and Security controls the cash flow of the Parking Operations Vault including roll-ticket allocations, cash distribution, collection, and deposits. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Cashier Coordinator, Parking Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Parking Vault’s bank and the Vault’s contents on a daily basis, including the daily reconciliation of all monies and submitting accurate deposits.
- Process and balance the Cashier’s daily income reports.
- Count money to verify amounts and issue receipts for funds received.
- Record and investigate all overages and shortages and promptly report to the Parking Manager and/or his/her designee.
- Notify the Cashier Coordinator of necessary supplies needed from the bank including change, money bags and deposit books.
- Assist in the training and supervising cashiers, Gate Supervisors and temporary staff.
- Function as a Cashier when not executing primary job function.
- Assign Cashiers to their gate assignments.
- Compile collection, disbursement, and bank reconciliation reports and run summaries of all sales activity.
- Resolve customer complaints and issues or escalate to Parking Management.
- Able to operate, train and troubleshoot on equipment needed to facilitate parking transactions such as ticket scanners, cashless parking equipment and any other necessary implemented equipment.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Position is routinely required to work outdoors and is exposed to year round weather elements (heat, rain, cold, etc.)
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Three (3) years cash handling experience in a fast paced environment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS Windows, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and other Parking Systems software.
- 10-Key experience and type accurately at a speed of 30 words per minute.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must to able to stretch and reach.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.