ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Project Coordinator at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Project Coordinator to join our team. This position is responsible for a complex infrastructure including multiple business, event and building systems, programs, and projects. Also, acts as liaison, between project partners ensuring all project requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following
- Develop and implement facility programs and manage projects.
- Work with others to ensure they optimize the implementation process and oversee training approaches and content to drive adoption, shorten implementation times and grow learning.
- Manage and organize large amounts of data from multiple sources.
- Work with project partners ensuring all project requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
- Create long and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines.
- Delegating tasks on projects to team members best suited for completion.
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options.
- Serve as a point of contact for teams when multiple teams are assigned to the same project to team actions remain in synergy.
- Communicate with management team to keep the project aligned with their goals.
- Schedule projects around event business.
- Perform quality control on projects throughout development to maintain the standards expected.
- Adjust schedules and targets on the projects as needs or financing changes.
- Interact with all vendors to ensure adequate services and support.
- Works closely with subcontractors tasked with project duties.
- Support management implementation of effective safety policies for subcontractor safety.
- Assists in preparing annual operating and capital budgets for all related materials, equipment and supplies to ensure system reliability and full operation.
- Managing all project costs associated and ensure budgets are met.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not Applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, tenants, team members, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Communicate effectively with a broad array of individuals from various professional backgrounds.
- Be familiar with principles and techniques of supervision, training, budget preparation and purchasing.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and minimum (10) Years of project management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be familiar with NFPA Safety & Fire Codes and all applicable OSHA standards and regulations.
- Experience in venue management preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Must be organized and have the ability to achieve specified goals and objectives by properly managing efforts of others.
- Ability to prioritize work based on project priorities and be flexible to work on ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to delegate and manage time effectively.
- Interpersonal skills, including but not limited to verbal and nonverbal communication, the ability to handle conflict, teamwork, empathy, listening, and a positive attitude.
- Operate a personal computer using Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel, and other standard office equipment.
- Must be able to create, read and interpret blueprints and CAD drawings, compile specifications, research applicable codes.
- Must be proficient in CAD and Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to work extended and irregular hours that may vary due to events and functions and may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
How to Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department (832)667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.