SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has excellent and immediate openings for Part-Time Police Officers for Inside and Outside employment at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. Part-Time Police Officers are responsible for protecting and promoting the safety and welfare of NRG Park facilities, guests, and staff while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws and department policies.
Position Reports To:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide traffic control and security for the property, facility, costumers, and patrons.
- Respond to and enforce all applicable laws and respective agency policies.
- Complete incident reports as required by law and an internal report for NRG Park property.
- Support facility personnel in the event of an emergency to include evacuation, lock down or shelter-in-place responses.
- Deescalate potentially unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform security related patrols in concourses, lobbies, or parking lots.
- Monitor access points to the NRG Park property and facilities to ensure only authorized entry is gained. This includes parking lot gates, facility security check-points, and other points of ingress and egress.
- Operates assigned radio equipment.
- Offer customer services such as directional information, vehicle jump-starts and escorts as necessary.
- Attend Guest Service related trainings and orientations as requested.
- Monitor or secure high value assets such as money rooms, box offices, or Cashier gates.
- Stand for extended periods of time for 4 or more hours.
- Work in inclement weather as the position is routinely required to work outdoors and is exposed to the elements (heat, rain, etc.)
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fulfill all obligations required by his/her law enforcement agency and is authorized to work an extra employment position.
- Maintain an active, Full-Time status, with a State of Texas law enforcement agency.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be an active certified Peace Officer in the State of Texas meeting all requirements of City, State and/or Federal jurisdictions.
- Traffic Control certification or training is required for some positions and is available via NRG Park extra employment.
Skills and Abilities
- Provide excellent customer service as a representative of NRG Park and its clients.
- Not applicable.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.