ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-Time Box Office Vault Supervisor at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Part-Time Box Office Vault Supervisor to join our Box Office team. The Box Office Vault Supervisor, under direct supervision of the Box Office Coordinator, manages the vault during events at NRG Park. This employee will handle audits, making change, as well as counting all cash at the end of the event.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Audit vaults and monies at the beginning and end of their shift.
- Handles bank distribution and collection for ticket sellers, as well as creating new banks for upcoming events.
- Makes change for ticket sellers when needed.
- Organizes and bundles money in correct denominations.
- Prepares and organizes bank deposits.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive, and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations, and emergency procedures established at the facility.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED and one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Banking or auditing experience preferred.
- Box Office or Guest Services background preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to count money and make change accurately.
- Confidence in money handling abilities.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Capable in quick and simple math skills.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.