ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has excellent and immediate openings for Part-time Exhibitor Services Staff at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking unique Part-Time Exhibitor Services Staff to join our Events team. The Part-Time Exhibitor Services Staff, under general supervision, performs various duties in connection with scheduled events. Duties will vary between facility and events. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Work the Exhibitor Services Desk by processing orders and payments through the online ordering system (Boomer software).
- Processing Exhibitor Services orders, electrical orders, parking pass orders, telecommunication orders that exhibitors purchase for trade shows, consumer shows and events.
- Prepare and submit daily deposits as revenue is received.
- Administrative duties such as data entry, printing, scanning, copying and faxing.
- Assist the Exhibitor Services department with projects as needed.
- During day-to-day operations, serve as an ambassador of NRG Park, assisting guests, exhibitors, clients, contractors and staff.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Minor accounting and excellent cash handling skills.
- Walk/Stand on concrete floors and/or climbing stairs for extended periods of time.
- High School diploma or GED and one (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS-DOS, Boomer (Exhibitor Online Ordering System), Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day and holidays.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.