ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Human Resources Clerk at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Full-Time Human Resources Clerk to join our Human Resources team. Under general supervision, provides a variety of administrative support to the Human Resources Manager and designated personnel and/or departments. Acts as liaison between internal and external customers, ensuring all requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Human Resources Manager
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains incoming resumes and applications on a daily basis utilizing online applicant tracking system.
- Prepares new employee files and processes termination paperwork.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains current file.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to file records in alphabetical order.
- Performs internal and external customer service functions by answering applicant and employee requests and questions.
- Eliminate outdated or unnecessary documentation, destroying or transferring to inactive storage according to file maintenance guidelines and/or legal requirements.
- Personnel file maintenance.
- Assists in conducting job fairs and other recruitment activities.
- Sets up interviews for available positions.
- Assists with the processing of new hires and new hire orientation.
- Sort and distribute paychecks.
- Attends HR functions and trainings as needed.
- Orders office supplies as needed.
- Backup as needed for HR Assistant.
- Ability to work extended and/or additional irregular hours, including weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Assists Human Resources Department with various projects or research.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to utilize standard office equipment, including computer, copy and fax machine.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, changes, delays, interruptions or unexpected events.
- Must have exceptional organizational and time management skills.
Education and/or Experience
- Some college coursework in Business Administration, Business Law, or Human Resources preferred.
- (2) years previous Administrative Assistant experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be exceedingly well organized.
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Operate and be proficient utilizing standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- ADP and/or HRIS systems experience desirable.
- Previous experience working in a Human Resource Department preferred.
- Knowledge of employment laws and practices preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.