ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Parking, Safety & Security Administrative Assistant at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Administrative Assistant to join our Parking, Safety & Security team. Under general supervision, provides a variety of administrative and operational support to designated personnel and/or departments. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all client's requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Draft letters, reports, and other technical writing in a timely, accurate manner. Compose routine correspondence not requiring a supervisor's attention.
- Assist in the drafting, proofreading, formatting, and processing of Parking, Safety & Security documents.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors; provide routine information regarding events, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Research, prepare and submit daily cost reports. Assist in the drafting, proofreading, and processing of these reports and related documents.
- Receive, route and file incoming and outgoing correspondence and ensure timely replies and/or action.
- Review all correspondence to remain informed of all activities and pertinent information
- Maintain a variety of private, confidential and/or sensitive files and records of information such as payroll, attendance, budget, event files, expense records, safety and security documents, and construction and capital improvement projects.
- Maintain department records of licenses, training records, certifications in conjunction with Human Resources. Maintain tenant and contractor safety documentation.
- Plan conferences and meetings, make travel reservations and keep calendar of appointments for designated personnel. Complete expense reports as necessary.
- Prepare event settlement for Parking, Safety & Security department on full-time, part-time, event staff, equipment, and sub-contracted services
- Complete clerical work such as scanning, (electronic) filing, organizing, and ensuring office spaces are prepared for daily activity. Maintain and order all necessary supplies and materials for the offices.
- Create agendas and visual aids for meetings as necessary.
- Record meeting minutes as requested
- Generate, process, and maintain purchase orders and reconcile invoices
- Order and maintain full-time staff uniforms and reconcile weekly invoices
- Maintain petty cash for the Parking, Safety & Security department
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting tight deadlines.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Work independently, exercising judgment, and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, patrons, employees, exhibitors, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Two (2) years of college level business training and a minimum of three (3) years' experience in a clerical or administrative positions; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong ability to multitask including balancing multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Office365, Microsoft Teams, Sharepoint and online meeting platforms such Zoom is preferred.
- Ability to learn software platforms such as Ungoerbock, ABI, 24/7 Software Solutions and Asset Esseentials.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. The position will require lifting, bending, kneeling, etc. during the normal course of a shift.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
How To Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.