ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for Parking Operations Foreman at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. Under direct supervision of the Parking Coordinator, Parking Manager, and the Director of Parking, is responsible for thorough supervision, and coordination of direct personnel, subcontractors, and vendors. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Maintains labor on all events and ensures labor is within the projected guideline.
- Responsible for informing and communicating event information to subordinate staff.
- Responsible for supervising set up/tear down of all events. Includes sign making, sign distribution, cone/delineator placement and barrier installations.
- Serves as Lead in parking lots when needed.
- Responsible for preparation, set up, organization and placement of all vehicle directional signs and pedestrian signs.
- Ensures all equipment is compliant with NRG Park standards.
- Responsible for storing all lot set-up equipment.
- Assist in programming, set-up, transport, and maintenance of DMS signs when needed.
- Responsible for programming and maintenance of all Digital Message Signs.
- Responsible for maintaining all equipment. Includes operating and maintaining cones, delineators, golf carts, forklifts, boom lifts, etc.
- Maintain inventory and accountability of tools, equipment, and materials pertaining to the Parking Operations Department.
- Attend all meetings as required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain an effective working relationship both subordinate and superior staff.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative in a team environment.
- Handle multiple projects and assignments.
- Accept accountability for own decisions, performance, and behavior.
- Maintain a client service-oriented attitude and strong organization skills.
- Demonstrate knowledge in operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, and event-related services.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Technical School Certificate/Degree is a plus.
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training in the public assembly industry in a supervisory position; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, E-mail, Internet, and other Parking Systems software.
- Be proficient in sign/graphic programs.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Operate heavy duty machinery such as forklifts, scissor lifts and boom lifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. Position is routinely required to work outdoors and is exposed to the elements (heat, rain, etc.)
- Must perform strenuous physical duties, including lifting, carrying, moving, and climbing with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must be able to stretch and reach.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.