SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for Part-Time Parking Cashiers at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking unique Part-Time Parking Cashiers to join our Parking team. The Parking Cashier under direct supervision of the parking supervisory team, directs guests where to park in relation to events on NRG Park property as well as collect parking fees or passes. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following
- Must be customer friendly, self-motivated, and enjoy working around people in a fast paced environment.
- Effectively communicate with guests, clients, vendors and other personnel via verbal and nonverbal forms of communication.
- Must have knowledge of cash handling procedures; handle cash transactions accurately and quickly.
- Be comfortable handling and being responsible for money and ticket/roll stock.
- Follow all instructions as issued by his/her superior.
- Have a reliable form of transportation and communication.
- Must comply with all SMG policies and procedures including the Business Conduct Policy and Code of Ethics.
- Dress in department specified uniform according to the SMG Parking Policy.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as required.
- Not applicable.
- Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain a client service oriented attitude.
- Position is routinely required to work outdoors and is exposed to year round weather elements (heat, rain, cold, etc.)
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Not applicable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must to able to stretch and reach.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.