ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Outside Operations Inventory Clerk at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Outside Operations Inventory Clerk to join our Outside Operations team. Under direct supervision of the Senior Outside Operations Manager, is responsible for Sign Shop and Wardrobe operations, including organization and inventory control. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all client’s requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Assist in the development and full daily implementation of an efficient inventory management process.
- Responsible for checking in and out all Outside Operations support personnel, including sub-contractors and volunteers.
- Issuing and collecting uniforms, supplies and the appropriate daily event notes upon employee check in and check out.
- Utilize Inventory Management program to track and distribute Wardrobe inventory daily.
- Maintaining staff uniforms, including laundering, based on event needs.
- Responsible for assigning and tracking departmental radios.
- Reporting of inventory status updates, issues, and suggestions to Management.
- Create purchase order requests to maintain optimal equipment and inventory at all times.
- Assist in the coordination of all special event wardrobe relocations.
- Produce signage in accordance with the guidelines set forth by Outside Operations Management.
- Responsible for all event vehicle directional signs and event pedestrian signs displayed in/around the NRG Park property.
- Preparation, set up, posting, removal and storage organization of all events related signage.
- Inputting of work orders to have sign materials available for all sign requests.
- Inventory and maintenance of all signage making equipment and supplies.
- Maintenance and cleaning of all signs, sign storage and sign shop workspace.
- Reviewing all event overviews and sign requests within 36 hours of receiving the request.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations, and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive, and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED and one (1) year related experience in inventory control; or and equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong ability to multitask including balancing multiple projects and assignments simultaneously
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with inventory control, asset tracking and other software databases are preferred.
- Experience working with graphic design software and printing equipment preferred.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. The position will require lifting, bending, kneeling, etc. during the normal course of a shift.
- Position may require heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing, carrying, bending, stooping, and kneeling required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resourced Department (832)667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.