ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Network Administrator at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Network Administrator to join our Technical Services team. Under direct supervision, provides user support, installation, and maintenance of hardware, software, and peripherals. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Maintain inventory of computers, notebooks, cell phones, copiers, fax machines.
- Complete page count inventory of all copiers on a quarterly basis.
- Coordinate maintenance of end user hardware with work order system.
- Coordinate computer upgrades and/or installations.
- Assist in the selection and evaluation of end user hardware configurations and software products.
- Follow procedures with antivirus/workstation configurations.
- Investigate security breaches/unauthorized access.
- Assist MIS Manager with patch management, labeling and moves/additions/changes of network gear.
- Maintain help desk work order system, complete and log each call.
- Provide user support during weekends, holidays, and nights for large events.
- Be on call 24x7 during large events.
- Supervise over certain assigned projects and interns.
- Configure, understand be capable of operation of Daktronics scoreboard system as needed.
- Manage company provided cellular based telephones, smart phones, and other hand-held devices.
- Technical Point of Contact for cellular providers who reside on the in-house DAS system.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Compare and/or judge the readily observable, functional, structural, or composite characteristics (whether similar to or divergent from obvious standards) of data, people or things.
- Follow technical instructions (i.e.: common IT related acronyms).
- Follow explicit oral and written instructions; communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Have the physically ability to lift, push, pull and or move and re-position a minimum of 50 pounds generally in the form of computers, monitors, servers, and other related hardware.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches, and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations, and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive, and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgement, and initiative.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work extended and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university preferred, supplemented by four (4) years of work experience in the use and operation of microcomputer equipment.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Extensive knowledge of IT systems including but not limited to PC/Mac hardware components, operating systems, software, network switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Have experience or be familiar with all aspects of Windows Operating Systems, Mac OS, & Windows Server.
- Knowledge of on-premise active directory and Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to work extended and irregular hours that may vary due to events and functions and may include nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed for event and systems support.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Have dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body to operate shop or other office related equipment including tasks that may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.