ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an MIS Manager at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique MIS Manager to join our Technical Services team. The MIS Manager supervises the operation and maintenance of NRG Park’s IT/IS systems. This position is responsible for a complex IT infrastructure including multiple business, event and building system networks. Support will be required for a variety of systems including endpoint devices, desktop computers/notebooks, printers, copiers, security systems, IP phones, Active Directory, Exchange Server, IPTV, Digital Signage, Scoring and Video Board Systems, as well as a variety of networking equipment including Palo Alto, HP and Cisco Switches. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following
- Installs and troubleshoots a wide variety of network hardware and software components, i.e., network switches, file servers, digital storage, time keeping systems, NAS systems, VMWare Hosts, SQL Server, Scoring and Videoboard Servers, Digital Signage and others as assigned.
- Configure and manage all VLAN’s.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and support firewalls, switches, servers, storage arrays, network attached storage, network equipment, and related peripherals.
- Acts as a resource for infrastructure projects for voice/data network design, development, and implementation.
- Ability to prioritize work based on business criticalities and be flexible to work on ad hoc tasks as assigned by the Director of Technical Services.
- Interact with all data vendors to ensure adequate services, support, and maintenance.
- Work with wiring contractors to oversee accurate installation of new wiring and cables.
- Assist in the development of information security policies, standards and procedures.
- Configure and manage high availability Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Manages staff, which consists of a Network Administrator and Security Systems Analyst by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- Works closely with sub-contractors tasked with providing telecom and internet to shows and tenants to ensure superior service and event coverage.
- Assists in the negotiation of contracts and procedures for maintenance of network hardware and software for the purpose of ensuring a current and reliable network.
- Provides and maintains backups for network servers, databases, and virtual infrastructure.
- Manages network operations, including troubleshooting connectivity problems; installing and maintaining firewall; adding/removing users; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords; establishing email addresses; assessing and reporting operation status; performing backups and restores.
- Manage Office 365 integration with local active directory and hybrid Exchange.
- Ensures technology documents/certificates such as product registrations, SSL certificates, maintenance agreements, and service contracts services are evaluated, updated, and processed.
- Interacts with internal tenants on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues with shared systems.
- Assists staff in understanding and using technology. Conducts staff technology presentations and training and campaigns for malware simulation testing.
- Assists in preparing annual operating and capital budgets for all related materials, equipment and supplies to ensure system reliability and full operation.
- Pursues professional development opportunities designed to improve knowledge, skills, and abilities. Manages the purchasing of all software, hardware and other IT supplies.
- Provides Technical Services event coverage as needed to ensure all systems are functioning.
- Assists Technical Services staff as needed with new technology implementation and event coverage.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervision of Network Administrator, Security Systems Analyst as well as paid or unpaid interns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, tenants, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Communicate effectively with a broad array of individuals from various professional backgrounds.
- Be familiar with principles and techniques of supervision, training, budget preparation and purchasing.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum equivalent (10) Years of technical experience required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Server, Exchange Server, VMWare Hypervisor, Cisco IP Phone Systems, Advanced Cisco Switch configurations, Palo Alto Firewalls, Active Directory, Content Management Systems, Fiber Optic Patching.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative in a fast paced environment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Extensive knowledge of IT systems including but not limited to PC/Mac hardware components, operating systems, software, and network switches, redundant servers.
- Operate a personal computer using Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel and other standard office equipment.
- Expert in IP routing, subnetting and addressing.
- Expert in Cisco Switch Configuration, Cisco PBX IP Phone Systems.
- Expert in VMWare VSphere and ESXI.
- Full understanding of VEEAM.
- Ability to work extended and irregular hours that may vary due to events and functions and may include nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.