ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for Marketing and Sales Administrative Assistant at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Administrative Assistant, under general supervision of the Directors of Sales and Director of Marketing & PR provides a variety of administrative, and operations support to designated personnel and/or departments. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and the facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Create and maintain files and records of information such as proposals, contracts, budget, travel requests, expense records and reports.
- Draft emails, letters, reports, and other correspondence in a timely, accurate manner.
- Receive, route and file incoming and outgoing correspondence and ensure timely replies and/or action.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors, and provide routine information regarding events, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Utilize company sales management software program, to organize and prepare Exhibit A and addendum documents with information proved by Sales Managers.
- Research, prepare, and update comprehensive reports.
- Draft, proofread, process, and deliver reports and related documents.
- Prepare purchase orders.
- Maintain and order all necessary supplies and materials for the offices.
- Make departmental travel reservations and keep department calendar of appointments.
- Plan and organize meetings including creating agendas and PowerPoint presentations.
- Remain informed of company policies and procedures, answering related internal and external questions within authority.
- Provide back up and periodic support, as needed, for Contract Administrator, and Booking Manager positions.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Required: Two (2) years of college level business training and two (2) years of experience in a clerical or administrative position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A degree in business administration, management, sales, or marketing preferred.
- Experience with the convention, tradeshow, sports, entertainment and/or special events industry preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with clients, patrons, team members, exhibitors and other encountered in the course of employment.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Must be extremely detail orientated.
- Ability to provide insight and suggestions pertaining to create administrative solutions to the departments.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Pleasant and helpful demeanor when assisting guests, exhibitors, clients, and staff.
- Ability to learn ABI time clock and event management software.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, FileMaker Pro, PowerPoint, and other standard office equipment as well as have a basic understanding of Sales Management Software programs.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.