ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Manager of Event Suite Sales at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Manager of Event Suite Sales to join our Sales team. Under general supervision, the Manager of Event Suite Sales coordinates and manages the seating/suites for the Stadium Suite Sales Program for all events, not including catering. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Selling suites to events at NRG Park (i.e., Concerts, Family Show’s, Monster Jam, etc.)
- Implement goals and objectives set by the Director, for the NRG Stadium Suite Sales Program.
- Meet and/or exceed projections, schedules, and timelines.
- Implement Event Suite Sales Program.
- Administer NRG Park’s contractual obligations to Suite clients on an event-by-event basis.
- Contact prospective user groups and individuals to promote the program.
- Follow-up on leads generated by outside sources.
- Prepare and deliver suite sales presentations to prospective clients and others at local trade shows, conventions and networking sales events as assigned.
- Conduct facility tours for prospective clients.
- Discuss the facility with site selection committees or designated others.
- Participate with community and industry related associations, committee study groups and task forces.
- Act as Event Day NRG Park Suite Service Representative.
- Manage, track, and recap all suite/ticket sales activities and payment reconciliation with the Box Office.
- Coordinate with NRG Park caterer to create and implement catering options for events.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles, practices and terminology of public relations programs, advertising, marketing, sales presentation techniques and public speaking.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to provide guests with the utmost of customer service, including conflict resolution.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
Education and/or Experience
- Some college with emphasis in Sales, Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administrative, Public Administration or related field and previous experience and/or training in related field.
- Education and experience should be equivalent combination of at least three (3) years.
Skills and Abilities
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work extended and/or irregular hours that may vary due to functions, including day, evening, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, and other standard office equipment.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.