ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Maintenance Mechanic II at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Maintenance Mechanic II to join our Engineering team. Under general supervision, the MEP II performs work as needed to maintain and repair facility mechanical, electrical and plumbing operating systems. Performs skilled technical work in the maintenance, repair, replacement, and installation of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, controls, distribution systems and electrical systems. This position serves as back up by providing guidance to Maintenance Mechanic I and Apprentice, delegating assignments and ordering supplies, where necessary. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all mechanical, refrigeration and chilled water equipment and systems owned or operated by the NRG Park. Equipment includes but is not limited vent hoods, water treatment equipment, HVAC, chilled water systems, air handler units, and refrigerant reclamation.
- Perform coil cleaning and preventative maintenance on all types of equipment and may repair related mechanical systems; domestic hot and cold water systems and related equipment; sanitary pumps, tanks, fittings and valves; surge (fire) supply tanks, plumbing supplies and hoses.
- Perform minor structural and mechanical tasks, limited, electrical maintenance and other duties as needed.
- Identify parts or machines that need new parts or need to be replaced and places orders as necessary.
- May lead and direct the work of others as needed.Respond to building service calls; troubleshoot problems within facility and take corrective action.
- Participate in all safety-related classes and/or meetings.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not Applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand the methods, principles, and practices required for the operation and maintenance of the mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Properly use all equipment needed to perform required duties.
- Be a skilled craftsman in the maintenance field.
- Processes mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Processes general techniques in plumbing, electrical wiring and ventilating systems.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, electric motor schematics and other related materials.
- Effectively operate, maintain and repair HVAC equipment.
- Follow and adhere to all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Must uphold SMG safety standards.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma/GED required or (3) years' comparable experience plus required related experience may be considered in lieu of diploma.
- HVAC certificate *Required*.
- EPA Universal Certification *Required*.
- Apprentice Electrician License preferred.
- 3rd Grade Stationary Engineers License preferred.
- Technical training in HVAC *Required*.
- Three (3) years' experience operating and maintaining building mechanical systems to include HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire and life safety.
- Previous experience in operating the a Man-lift, Fork Lift, Boom-lift, versa-hauler as well as other motorized lifting equipment preferred.
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Must provide exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to effectively work with others.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Building Automation Systems.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Must be available for on-call, after-hours, holidays and weekend support.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.Physical Demands
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.Must to able to stretch and reach.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must be able to stretch and reach.