ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Maintenance Mechanic MEP I at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Maintenance Mechanic MEP I to join our Engineering team. Under general supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic MEP I perform skilled technical work in the maintenance, repair, replacement, and installation of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, controls, distribution systems and electrical systems. Duties include semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting, a high degree of physical exertion and walking or standing for long periods of time. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Assist other Maintenance Mechanics in performing routine preventative maintenance on electrical equipment, motors, controllers, and electro/mechanical devices.
- Respond to building service calls; assist Maintenance Technicians in troubleshooting problems within facility and taking corrective action.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on domestic water systems and related mechanical systems.
- Perform minor structural and mechanical tasks, electrical maintenance, and other duties.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not Applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand the methods, principles, and practices required for the operation and maintenance of the mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Properly use all equipment needed to perform required duties.
- Be a skilled craftsman in the maintenance field.
- Possess basic mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Know general techniques in plumbing, electrical wiring, and ventilating systems.
- Possess basic knowledge to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, electric motor schematics and other related materials.
- Effectively operate, maintain, and repair HVAC equipment.
- Follow and adhere to all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Must uphold ASM Global safety standards.
- Must be available for on-call, after-hours, holidays, and weekend support.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required, or 2 years of comparable experience plus required related experience may be considered in lieu of diploma.
- Any of the follow EPA Certification: TYPE I, II or III *Required*.
- Technical training in HVAC preferred.
- Apprentice Electricians License preferred.
- EPA Universal Certification preferred.
- Two (2) years' experiences operating and maintaining building mechanical systems to include HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire and life safety related experience *Required*.
- Previous experience in operating the following equipment preferred: Genie Lift, Forklift, JLG Boom-lift, Man-Lifts as well as other motorized lifting equipment.
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required.
- Must provide exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to effectively work with others.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Building Automation Systems a plus.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state, or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must be able to stretch and reach.