SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Maintenance Mechanic II at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Maintenance Mechanic II to join our Engineering team. The Maintenance Mechanic II, under general supervision, performs work as needed to maintain and repair facility mechanical, electrical and plumbing operating systems. Performs skilled technical work in the maintenance, repair, replacement, and installation of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, controls, distribution systems and electrical systems. This position serves as back up by providing guidance to Maintenance Mechanic I and Apprentice, delegating assignments and ordering supplies, where necessary. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Mechanical and Plumbing Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all mechanical, refrigeration and chilled water equipment and systems owned or operated by the NRG Park. Equipment includes but is not limited vent hoods, water treatment equipment, HVAC, chilled water systems, air handler units, and refrigerant reclamation.
- Perform coil cleaning and preventative maintenance on all types of equipment and may repair related mechanical systems; domestic hot and cold water systems and related equipment; sanitary pumps, tanks, fittings and valves; surge (fire) supply tanks, plumbing supplies and hoses.
- Perform minor structural and mechanical tasks, limited, electrical maintenance and other duties as needed.
- Identify parts or machines that need new parts or need to be replaced and places orders as necessary.
- May lead and direct the work of others as needed.
- Respond to building service calls; troubleshoot problems within facility and take corrective action.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in all safety-related classes and/or meetings.
- Not applicable.
- Understand the methods, principles, and practices required for the operation and maintenance of the mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Properly use all equipment needed to perform required duties.
- Be a skilled craftsman in the maintenance field.
- Processes mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Processes general techniques in plumbing, electrical wiring and ventilating systems.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, electric motor schematics and other related materials.
- Effectively operate, maintain and repair HVAC equipment.
- Follow and adhere to all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Must uphold SMG safety standards.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma/GED required or (3) years’ comparable experience plus required related experience may be considered in lieu of diploma.
- HVAC certificate *Required*.
- EPA Universal Certification *Required*.
- Apprentice Electrician License preferred.
- 3rd Grade Stationary Engineers License preferred.
- Technical training in HVAC *Required*.
- Three (3) years’ experience operating and maintaining building mechanical systems to include HVAC, plumbing, electrical and fire and life safety.
- Previous experience in operating the a Man-lift, Fork Lift, Boom-lift, versa-hauler as well as other motorized lifting equipment preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Must provide exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to effectively work with others.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Building Automation Systems.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Must be available for on-call, after-hours, holidays and weekend support.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Must to able to stretch and reach.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.