ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Lead Maintenance Mechanic at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Lead Maintenance Mechanic to join our Engineering team. Under general supervision, the Lead Maintenance Mechanic, performs work as needed to maintain and repair facility mechanical, electrical, and plumbing operating systems. Position performs skilled technical work in the maintenance, repair, replacement, and installation of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, controls, distribution systems and electrical systems. Duties include semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting, a high degree of physical exertion and walking or standing for long periods of time. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Operate, monitor, repair and maintain the facility's plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems as required for the safe and efficient operation of the facility, but not limited to: Chillers, Boilers, Air Handling Units, Domestic Water Systems, and other plumbing equipment.
- Assist and perform preventive maintenance on equipment located in multiple buildings at facility.
- Assist and perform preventive maintenance, repair, inspection, and rebuild as necessary to maintain quality standards on equipment and machinery at facility.
- Drive folk lift and operate scissor lift.
- Perform work in a manner consistent with plant safety, housekeeping standards and quality checks.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- During daily operations, will assist the department Manager and serve as back up by providing guidance to Maintenance Mechanics and Apprentice, delegating assignments and ordering supplies, where necessary.
- Understand the methods, principles, and practices required for the operation and maintenance of the mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems. Properly use all equipment needed to perform required duties.
- Properly use all equipment needed to perform required duties.
- Be a skilled craftsman in the maintenance field.
- Provide mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Project management experience.
- Know general techniques in plumbing, electrical wiring, and ventilating systems.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, electric motor schematics and other related materials.
- Effectively operate, maintain, and repair HVAC equipment.
- Follow and adhere to all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must uphold ASM Global safety standards.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.Education and/or
- High School Diploma/GED required, or 5 years of comparable experience plus required related experience may be considered in lieu of diploma.
- Ten (10) years' experience operating and maintaining HVAC, water, plumbing and mechanical systems in a commercial/industrial facility.
- Stationary Engineer's License preferred.
- OSHA 10 Certification preferred.
- Boiler Operating Permit *Required*.
- Registered Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Certification *Required*.
- Universal EPA Certification for refrigeration *Required*.
- Maintenance Electricians License preferred.
- HVAC and Plumbing Water Treatment Certified *Required*
- Apprentice Electrician license *Required*.
- Backflow certification preferred.
- Knowledge of testing & treating water to maintain proper chemical levels and clarity *Required*.
- Previous experience in operating the following equipment preferred: Genie Lift, Forklift, JLG Boom-lift and man-lifts as well as other motorized lifting equipment.
- Must provide exceptional customer service.
- Must be able to effectively work with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required.
- Must be available for on-call, after-hours, and weekend support in a 24/7 environment.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS Windows, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint and any other applicable software.
- Working knowledge of Building Automation Systems required.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving, and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 75lbsMust be able to stretch and reach.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.