SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Full-Time Sign Shop Lead at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Full-time Sign Shop Lead to join our Parking team. The Sign Shop Lead under general supervision performs work as needed to coordinate, produce, deploy, recover and store all signage necessary for the successful event operations of the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion. Also, ensures all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following:
- Produce signage in accordance with the guidelines set forth by Parking Management.
- Responsible for all event vehicle directional signs and event pedestrian signs displayed in/around the NRG Park property.
- Responsible for signage preparation, set up, posting, removal and storage organization of all event related signage.
- Responsible for inputting work orders to have sign materials available for all sign requests.
- Responsible for the inventory and maintenance of all sign making equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of all signs, sign storage and sign shop work space.
- Responsible for reviewing all event overviews and sign requests. All requests should be completed within 36 hours of receiving the request.
- Must be an effective leader, cooperative team player and is able to follow directions effectively.
- Must be detail orientated, be able to meet short term and long term deadlines and effectively communicate any concerns.
- Must be able to serve as a Parker for larger events.
- Responsible for coordinating supporting staff in accordance with guidelines as set forth by management.
- Answer public inquiries regarding parking requirements and upcoming events.
- Stay well informed on all events and pertinent information relating to NRG Park in order to best answer inquires.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- As needed, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for the assistance in the supervision, training and scheduling of Part-Time sign shop staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, patrons, employees, exhibitors, contractors, vendors and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Willing to accept accountability for own decisions, performance and behavior.
- Client service oriented attitude.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow all policies and procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED and one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One year in a supervisory role preferred but not required.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments.
- Ability to perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, E-Mail, Internet and other Parking Systems software, as implemented.
- Experience working with graphic design software and printing equipment preferred.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must to able to stretch and reach.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.