SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Full-Time Operations Warehouse Clerk at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Operations Warehouse Clerk to join our Operations team. The Warehouse Clerk, under direct supervision of the Operations Managers and Coordinators, is responsible for warehouse operations, including organization and inventory control. Manage and maintain the Operations Warehouse, including organize equipment and inventory, material and supplies. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Operations Coordinator and Operations Managers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following:
- Manage and maintain Operations Warehouse adhering to all safety regulations.
- Organize all equipment needed for events and prepare equipment for distribution and transport.
- Inspect all equipment upon return to the warehouse and report any damages.
- Propose, implement and maintain proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Manage Operations inventory of tools and material in all building storage areas.
- Follow the preventive maintenance program, energy management program and standard operating procedures for all machinery and equipment.
- Record and log all work performed, complete work orders and compile all required reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed.
- May occasionally have to enter areas where fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals are present, working at heights using correct safety equipment.
- Develop and submit lists of necessary repairs and improvements.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Know general techniques building hardware maintenance.
- Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Interpret shop drawings, sketches and work orders.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operation.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse is preferred.
- Previous experience operating power tools and other equipment, such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, access lifts, or other light power driven equipment preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Operate a personal computer using Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to understand and operate the property’s work order system in order to submit and complete work orders.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Operate power tools and other equipment, such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, access lifts, or other light power driven equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day.
- Must be able to stretch and reach.
- Climbing ladders and working from heights as necessary.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.