SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Sales Manager at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Sales Manager to join our Sales team. The Sales Manager, under general supervision, oversees and coordinates all aspects of the sales process in applicable markets. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Director of Sales
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following:
- Develop sales goals and objectives and a business plan for soliciting state, local meeting and event business as well as national corporate/direct selling markets.
- Meet and/or exceed projections, schedules and timelines.
- Coordinate promotional activities for development of local meeting and event business.
- Contact prospective user groups and individuals to initiate the sales effort.
- Follow-up on leads generated by outside sources.
- Compile bid proposals, sales and revenues projection reports, and other relevant sales issues.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to prospective clients and others at trade shows, conventions and sales events.
- Negotiate, compile and execute sales contracts and agreements.
- Conduct facility tours for prospective clients and discuss the facility with site selection committees or designated others.
- Manage client database for prospects and follow-up with clients periodically to assess any future needs.
- Establish expansive network including representatives of local groups, and tourism-related industries, such as hotel, travel agencies, etc.
- Participate with community and industry related associations, committees, and task forces.
- Travel to participate in trade shows and promotional activities on a state, regional and national level.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Demonstrate knowledge of principles, practices and terminology of sales, advertising, marketing, sales presentation techniques, public speaking and operations of trade shows, meetings, conventions and events.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Ability to work extended and/or irregular hours that may vary due to functions, including day, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four (4) year college of university in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel and other standard office equipment.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.