ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Interactive Marketing and Design Coordinator at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier sports and entertainment complex with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Interactive Marketing and Design Coordinator to join our team. Under general supervision, the Interactive Marketing and Design Coordinator, markets the complex and upcoming events to local community and within industry through website, social media, email blasts, media releases, promotions, and other marketing tools. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Working with the Marketing & PR Manager and NRG Park Interns, serve as the social media voice of NRG Park, making sure NRG Park stays current with industry and social media trends, and interacts with fans while promoting events through multiple platforms.
- Tasks include but are not limited to content creation, graphic design, producing and executing social media campaigns, serve as customer service representative to followers.
- Update social media before, during and after NRG Park events.
- Working with the Marketing & PR Manager and the NRG Park interns, maintain the complex website, ensuring all information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Update static marquee board and electronic marquee.
- Develop and design all graphic materials for the department including collateral materials, ads, postcards, newsletters, flyers, invitations, vouchers, electronic marquee artwork and other materials as needed using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop.
- Assist other departments with graphic needs.
- Attend various meetings pertaining to Marketing & Public Relations department.
- Attend various media events to help promote NRG Park events.
- Working with the Marketing & PR Manager, create and implement social media and grassroots proposals for event marketing.
- Working with the Marketing & PR Manager, recruit, interview, train and supervise Marketing and Public Relations Interns.
- Update and deliver event calendars and online event listings.
- Working with the Marketing & PR Manager, conceptualize and execute online promotions for events.
- Create and disseminate e-blasts, text messages and mobile app push notifications to complex database and subscribers using various platforms including Ticketmaster Messenger/Mail Manager.
- Working with the Marketing & PR Manager, manage Google Analytics account and track trends/traffic in Ticketmaster ONE.
- Act as in-house photographer or coordinate with in-house photographer for NRG Park events.
- Maintain files (i.e., press clips, photos, booking notices) and printed sales collateral.
- Assist outside design agencies and other entities/clients with coordination of assets, quote printing projects and other supplies as needed.
- Research markets as is relevant to NRG Park’s marketing and public relations efforts.
- Working with the Marketing & PR Manager, create relevant reports that provide insight into buyer/bidder behavior and recommendations for improvement.
- Manage all creative assets in an organized manner.
- Working quickly and efficiently is a must.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting tight deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, tenants, employees, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university, in sports and entertainment, marketing, public relations, mass communications or related field preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement advertising, promotion, publicity, and social media programs.
- Strong proofreading abilities.
- Ability to prepare effective reports.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. HTML and photography experience is a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrate high level of energy and self-motivation to work effectively and enthusiastically with co-workers with a wide range of personalities.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the Unites States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
How To Apply https://asmglobal.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/careers/job/Houston-TX/Interactive-Marketing-and-Design-Coordinator_R10015375
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.