ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Human Resources Assistant at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. Under general supervision, provides a variety of administrative support to the Human Resources Department and designated personnel and/or departments. Acts as first point of contact for employees and applicants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Supports Human Resources Department with daily administrative tasks, various projects and research.
- Drafts letters, reports and other correspondence in a timely, accurate manner.
- Answer department telephones in a professional, courteous manner.
- Performs internal and external customer service functions by answering employee and applicant requests and questions.
- Supports Human Resources Department with benefits enrollment, open enrollment, and insurance questions.
- Utilizes HRIS systems to process employment hires and separations.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains current filing procedures.
- Performs personnel file maintenance.
- Updates employee phone directory as changes occur.
- Completes forms as needed for employment changes, including new hires, separations, rate changes, transfers, etc.
- Runs various reports as necessary utilizing various programs including ADP, ABIMM, and Excel.
- Performs recruitment activities including assisting in the coordination of job fairs.
- Assists Department Management scheduling interviews for available positions.
- Assists with the processing of new hires and new hire orientation.
- Prepares and maintains employee files.
- Performs file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Completes employment verifications for previous and current employees.
- Attends Human Resources functions and trainings as needed.
- Prepares and submits purchase orders as needed utilizing FileMaker Pro.
- Orders and maintains office supplies as needed.
- Orders business cards for company personnel as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate clearly, both written and orally, internally and externally.
- Prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
- Be organized, accurate, thorough and able to monitor work for quality.
- Ability to utilize standard office equipment, including copy and fax machine.
- Must maintain a high standard of professional conduct, work ethic, and the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of Human Resources.
Education and/or Experience
- Some college coursework in Business Administration, Business Law, or Human Resources preferred.
- 2 years previous Administrative Assistant experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a Human Resource Department preferred.
- Knowledge of employment laws and practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Operate and be proficient utilizing standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- HRIS experience including ADP and/or Workday preferred.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.