ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Human Resources Administrative Assistant at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. Under general supervision, the Human Resources Administrative Assistant provides a variety of administrative support to the Human Resources Manager and designated personnel and/or departments. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Supports Human Resources Department with daily administrative tasks, various projects, and research, including benefits enrollment, open enrollment, and insurance issues.
- Drafts letters, reports, and other correspondence in a timely, accurate manner.
- Answer department telephones in a professional, courteous manner.
- Performs internal and external customer service functions by answering employee and applicant requests and questions.
- Processes new hires and terminations utilizing Workday, ADP, and ABI.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and maintains current filing procedure.
- Performs personnel file maintenance.
- Updates employee phone directory as changes occur.
- Assists in coordination of job fairs and other recruitment activities.
- Assists Department Management and Directors in setting up interviews for available positions.
- Assists with the processing of new hires and new hire orientation.
- Prepares and maintains employee files.
- Performs file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Completes employment verifications for previous and current employees.
- Attends Human Resources functions and trainings as needed.
- Prepares and submits purchase orders as needed utilizing FileMaker Pro.
- Orders and maintains office supplies as needed.
- Runs various reports as necessary utilizing Workday, ADP, ABI, Excel, and any other reports as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicate clearly, both written and orally, internally, and externally.
- Prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently.
- Be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality.
- Must maintain a high standard of professional conduct, work ethic, and the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of Human Resources.
Education and/or Experience
- Some college coursework in Business Administration, Business Law, or Human Resources preferred.
- 2 years previous Administrative Assistant experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a Human Resource Department required.
- Knowledge of employment laws and practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with constant interruption.
- Operate and be proficient utilizing standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- ADP and/or Workday HRIS systems preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize Workday a plus.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Must include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.