ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Guest Services Manager at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park, NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Guest Services Manager to join our Events team. Under general supervision, the Guest Services Manager oversees and guarantees that the facility provides quality customer service to clients, guests, vendors, and all others serviced by the facility. Under direction of the Director of Event Services, the Guest Services Manager provides proficient and comprehensive service oriented training to the Event Services staff and specific NRG Park departments where necessary. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Create a unique and standardized Customer Service Program for NRG Park.
- Train employees on various aspects of providing exceptional customer service, presenting the highest professional image and maintaining an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, guests and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Train all partners and contractors on NRG Park Guest Services programs.
- Responsible for the ASM Global Corporate Guest Services program.
- Provide follow-up and public relations actions when warranted in assistance of the Guest Services Coordinator.
- Assist with the handling of complaints from guests or partners in relation to Guest Services.
- Work with tenants, Event Coordinators, Event Services Managers, Sales and Marketing personnel and others to increase level of exceptional customer service.
- Manage facility’s compliance to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance.
- Work with tenants on guest service related items pertaining to their events. Develop solutions and implement forward thinking objectives to increase level of service through property wide service training.
- Develop and implement monthly employee recognition programs and other special in-house events.
- Prepare and review with Director monthly reports on related guest services issues and challenges. Prepare solutions to any outstanding issues.
- Create, establish and distribute Guest Services handbooks and informational literature for staff.
- Oversee and manage the Lost and Found program through the Guest Services Coordinator.
- Manage and oversee the NRG Stadium tour program, including staffing and training tour guides, managing tour calendar, prepare and promote tours to large groups.
- Enhance the guest and client experience with customer service programs.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Supervise Guest Services Staff (both in-house and sub-contracted personnel) and Guest Services Coordinator to help manage the expectations of the Guest Services department.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; schedule approvals; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal relationships unique to the guest services industry.
- Apply principles of organization, supervision, training, personnel development, staffing and scheduling.
- Demonstrate knowledge in industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures and event-related services.
- Demonstrate the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budgeting and other administrative duties.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Two (2) to three (3) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to speak in front of large groups for training sessions.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Ticketmaster, MS Windows, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in Texas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.