ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Guest Services Coordinator at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Guest Services Coordinator to join our Event Services team. The Guest Services Coordinator, under direct supervision of the Guest Services Manager, is responsible for thorough supervision, and coordination of direct personnel, subcontractors, and vendors. Responsible for providing positive solutions to any guest and/or staff challenges presented to them. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all client's requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Assist Guest Services Manager in, interviewing, hiring, and training of Guest Services staff.
- Assist with scheduling and supervision of part-time event staff and event receptionists as requested per event.
- Acts as the Guest Services MOD for events as assigned.
- During assigned events the Guest Services Coordinator will provide positive solutions to any guest and/or staff challenges presented to them.
- Respond to guest inquiries and customer service issues daily through both verbal and written communication.
- Maintain and order all necessary supplies and materials for the department.
- Respond to tour line inquiries within a reasonable amount of time. From these inquiries, schedule Guest Services staff to execute these tours.
- Maintain accurate records of all Lost and Found items.
- Respond to telephone and email communications related to Lost and Found items.
- Receive and screen telephone calls from guests and staff.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate a positive, customer service-oriented attitude always.
- Must be a creative problem solver who can identify solutions and address both employee and guest concerns efficiently and professionally while remaining calm under pressure.
- Passion for motivating and developing employees, as well as building relationships.
- Possess knowledge of the principles of facility management, building operations and basic safety skills.
- Coordinate and satisfy the requirements of multiple events occurring simultaneously.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Pleasant and helpful telephone demeanor when assisting guests, clients and staff.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- One (1) to two (2) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Minimum of 2 years clerical or administrative experience required.
Skills and Abilities
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and other standard office equipment.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
How To Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.