ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Guest Experience Training Manager at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park, NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Guest Experience Training Manager to join our Guest Experience team. Under general supervision, the Guest Experience Training Manager oversees and guarantees that the facility provides quality customer service to clients, guests, vendors, and all others serviced by the staff and facility at NRG Park. Under the direction of the Director of Event Services, the Guest Experience Training Manager develops and provides proficient and comprehensive service-oriented training to the staff of ASM Global and other entities at NRG Park where necessary. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ guest service training requirements are met and facility rules, regulations, and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Enhance and maintain a unique and standardized Guest Experience Training Program for NRG Park.
- Enforce a vibrant customer-focused culture by rallying together key stakeholders, ASM Global team members, as well as all the organization’s business partners and their personnel.
- Build Guest Experience staff proficiency to achieve the best guest experience consistently.
- Train team members on various aspects of providing exceptional customer service, presenting the highest professional image, and maintaining an effective working relationship with clients, team members, exhibitors, guests, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Provide instructor-led training to all partners and contractors on NRG Park Guest Experience programs.
- Develop situational training modules for each ASM Global department which proactively enhance the overall Guest Experience
- Coordinate with Human Resources and management staff to ensure the achievement of training objectives.
- Coordinate with the ASM Global ADA Administrator to ensure all employees are represented equally through the Guest Experience Training Program.
- Keep up to date on the latest training trends, developments, and best practices. To include but not limited to conference attendance, collaboration with other ASM Global properties, etc.
- Maintain and support the high standards of NRG Park and positively contribute to the culture of the organization.
- Work with tenants and all ASM Global personnel to increase the level of exceptional customer service.
- Develop solutions and implement forward-thinking objectives to increase the level of guest experiences through property-wide customer service training.
- In conjunction with the Guest Experience Managers, develop a team which serves to audit NRG Park events on a year-round basis to provide metrics for review.
- Analyze guest experience audit data to develop customized training plans to address any training gaps identified.
- Prepare and review with Director monthly reports on related guest experience issues and challenges.
- Manage team member enrollment for training, schedule training sessions, and organize the resources to facilitate training programs.
- Provide training outside of normal scheduled training and off hours, as necessary.
- Guest services champion for team member reward and recognition initiatives for exceptional guest experience encounters
- Assist with maintaining the employee recognition program including but not limited to maintaining recognition website, inventory collected and distributed, messaging regarding the program, etc.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Supervise Guest Services Staff (both in-house and subcontracted personnel) and Guest Experience Coordinator to help manage the expectations of the Guest Services department.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; scheduling approvals; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal relationships unique to the guest services industry.
- Demonstrate knowledge of industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures, and event-related services.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedules and produce accurate results.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, team members, exhibitors, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Learning Development, Instructional Design, Human Resources, or a related discipline preferred.
- Two (2) to three (3) years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education or experience required.
- Experience in human resources or employee development positions preferred.
- A proven track record of training program development and management is required.
- An ATD certification is preferred.
- ADDIE model experience is a plus.
- General knowledge of ADA laws related to Employees preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal, written, computer, presentation, and facilitation skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications, and problem-solving.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to apply conflict resolution and problem-solving skills in a team-oriented environment.
- Exceptional experience in leading, motivating, and developing team members.
- Inspire and influence teams across NRG Park to work together towards common goals.
- Self-directed with strong project management skills and initiative to learn new skills independently.
- Knowledge of instructional design methodology and adult learning concepts, principles, and practices with experience applying this knowledge to adult learners.
- Ability to speak in front of large groups for training sessions.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS Windows, Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop video-related training materials preferred.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
How to Apply
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.