ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Groundskeeper at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one-of-a-kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Groundskeeper to join our Grounds team. Under general supervision, the Groundskeeper assists in maintaining the playing field and grounds at the stadium, team practice fields as well as the grounds surrounding the complex. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion, such as planting, cleaning, and maintaining sanitary conditions. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Assists in the maintenance of practice fields and stadium field to include mowing, fertilizing and cultivating the stadium and Houston practice fields.
- Assist in the set up the playing field for all NFL games as well as other special events that come through the stadium, i.e. concerts, exhibits and soccer matches.
- Assist in the maintenance of the field maintenance equipment and supplies, and keep records of all maintenance and repairs.
- Assist in the maintenance of the irrigation system (replace sprinkler heads, adjust distribution, inspect moisture content).
- Assists in the planting and care of shrubs, flowers, trees and grass.
- Uses hand tools and equipment or light powered hand tools.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operation.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED and related experience and/or training a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur
- Follow and communicate effectively both oral and written instructions
- Operate a personal computer using Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and other standard office equipment.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Five (5) years of experience operating a forklift, mowing, heavy equipment preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours per day.
- Must be able to stretch and reach.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.