SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Parking Clerk at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Parking Clerk to join our Parking team. The Parking Clerk, under direct supervision of the Parking Coordinator, is responsible for wardrobe operations during events, including organization and inventory control. Also, represents facility as initial contact for parking staff and the general public prior to and during a scheduled event. Answers telephones, greets and routes walk-in guests and performs light clerical duties to support the daily business activities of the Parking Department. This is a part-time position that is usually scheduled to work after normal business hours. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
- Record detailed messages from callers and/or visitors.
- Assist in the development and full daily implementation of an efficient inventory management process.
- Responsible for checking all Parking support personnel in and out of Wardrobe.
- Issuing and collecting uniforms, supplies and the appropriate daily event notes upon employee check in and check out.
- Utilize Inventory Management program to track and distribute inventory daily.
- Serve as the Parking Command Post representative for large stadium and property wide events.
- Assist staff members with light clerical tasks, such as typing and mailings as time permits.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand the methods, principles and practices required for Parking operations.
- Convey strong verbal & interpersonal skills.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Use multi-line telephone system and other office equipment including copier and fax machine.
- Strong ability to multitask including balancing multiple projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with inventory control, asset tracking and other software databases are preferred.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Position may require heavy lifting up to 50 lbs,
- Climbing, carrying, bending, stooping, and kneeling required.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.