SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Full-Time Box Office Coordinator at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Full-Time Box Office Coordinator to join our Box Office team. The Box Office Coordinator under direct supervision of the Box Office Manager, supervises Ticket Sellers and assists with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Box Office. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Box Office Manager
- Supervises, instructs, and trains Ticket Sellers in proper selling procedures.
- Updates and coordinates all event information for Ticket Sellers.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
- Assists in training employees, scheduling, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources, addressing employee complaints and resolving problems.
- Opens and or closes ticket window as required.
- Accurately dispenses tickets as requested by patrons and accepts payment and makes change accurately.
- Maintains accurate count when selling hard tickets or accesses computer for count of computer printed tickets.
- Completes daily ticket sales report. Keeps accurate daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold, balances sales and change bank and submits cash to Box Office Manager for audit.
- Assists in vault area as needed.
- Fills reservations for seats by telephone or mail, handles Will-Call window according to procedures, or other related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills, responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most Box Office questions without assistance.
- Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating and events and gives information concerning coming attractions.
- Files various records and reports.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have experience with the principles and techniques of supervision and training.
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices and ability to coordinate staff.
- Ability to count money and make change accurately.
- Ability to input data into a computer to record sales transactions.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED and one (1) to three (3) months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Box Office or Guest Services background preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Operate a personal computer using Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel and other standard office equipment.
- Experience in computerized ticket systems preferred.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.