SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Electrician Apprentice at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Electrician Apprentice to join our Maintenance team. The Electrician Apprentice under general supervision perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks to repair and maintain all electrical equipment in and around the building. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Position Reports To:
Electrical Engineering Manager
- Troubleshoot all electrical malfunctions.
- Assist repairing all inoperable electrical equipment and circuits.
- Follow preventative maintenance schedule for all electrical machinery, equipment and wiring.
- Assist with preparing and repairing electrical fixtures and sockets to run required wires for computer hook-ups.
- Inspect and assist on all electrical work, telephone hook-ups and wiring to insure the facility meets safety standards.
- Advise the facility of any and all problems related to the electrical systems.
- Report any damages caused by events to Supervisor.
- Maintain, order and pick-up adequate spare parts and supplies.
- Observe Supervisor advising Construction Contractors, Promoters, Event Coordinators and others on event’s electrical requirements.
- Assist with special event preparation, conversions and post event needs, as requested.
- Catalog all work, repairs and damages in a daily log.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Demonstrate proper knowledge and use of all procedures, techniques, machines, materials, equipment and tools used in electrical construction and maintenance.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions, typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility and proper use and care of hand power tools.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Apprentice Electrician License *Required*.
Skills and Abilities
- Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Perform manual labor for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions.
- Not applicable.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832)667-1806.