ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Manager at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Event Manager to join our Event Services team. Under general supervision, the Event Manager controls and monitors the customer contact aspect and front-of-house division of the facility. Plans, monitors, directs, and manages the event coordination, security, crowd control, exhibitor services, outside contractor service functions, and enforces fire marshal regulations. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Plan, organize, and manage events at NRG Park.
- Ensure successful event execution through supervising and training Event Coordinators.
- Accurately prepare event estimates in conjunction with the contractual proposals set forth by the Sales Team.
- Staff and supervise medical personnel, crowd control, ushers, ticket takers, and Police Officers for events.
- Research, review and recommend equipment, materials and supplies required in providing event services and planning.
- Build event diagrams using AutoCAD software
- During large tenant events on property, work with other Event Managers to help manage assigned tasks associated with that event.
- Work closely with the Exhibitor Services Manager to ensure all services ordered through the online ordering system are delivered in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Coordinate outside service needs with food and beverage contractor, decorators, or other vendors.
- Assist with special needs or requests for all front-of-house arrangements such as opening of house, late seating, clearing aisles, ADA accommodations, etc.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Department with regards to all media entry into the building before, during or immediately following events.
- Coordinate with either 24-hour Security or Event Security to ensure proper filing of all personal injury and accident reports that may occur during events or daily operations.
- Communicate in a timely and accurate fashion all settlement closeout documents to Finance related to vendor invoices, service provider invoices, etc.
- Accurately execute all back-end documentation related to the event, i.e., post event notes, event photo uploads, event folder production and sorting, etc.
- When applicable, participate in post event meetings to provide detailed feedback which enhances repeat events or future events of similar genre.
- Maintain the proper image and generate positive public relations with artists, clients, exhibitors, patrons, and staff.
- Take direction and communicate with all users of the facility in an emergency situation.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include assisting in the training of Event Coordinators; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; reporting disciplinary problems directly to the Director with any contracted vendors; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge in industry terminology, facility capabilities, operational procedures, event coordination and event-related services.
- Demonstrate the principles and techniques of supervision, training, budgeting and other administrative duties.
- Handle conflict, make common sense decisions and exercise proper action during high tension and stressful situations.
- Possess knowledge of the principles of facility management, building operations, maintenance, practices and safety requirements.
- Coordinate and satisfy the requirements of multiple events occurring simultaneously.
- Engage in decisions related to crowd management in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Pleasant and helpful telephone demeanor when assisting guests, exhibitors, clients and staff.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and five (5) years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in event management or convention services in a hotel or multi-purpose public assembly facility is preferred.
- Knowledge of public assembly facility management, customer services practices and exhibitor services practices is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Good written, verbal and computer skills.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work in a fast paced environment.
- Operate a personal computer using Outlook, Windows, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and other standard office equipment.
- Auto CAD and Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must perform physical duties at times during an event setup, including but not limited to lifting, carrying, and moving tables, chairs, and packages.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (832) 667-1803.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.